Collapsed Citation Ranges

I have searched the forums and CSL documentation but can't find anything.

My collapsed citation ranges are only working for > 2 citations (e.g. 1–3). For only 2 consecutive citations they display with a comma (e.g. 1,2).

How do I get 2 consecutive citations to show as a collapsed range (e.g. 1–2)?
  • Sorry, not possible. Is there a style guide that requires this?
  • I have more than 200 citations in a paper, so i need the citation ranges to be collapsed! You can't individually list all 200 citations separated by commas 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 38, 39, etc. This is a major problem with Zotero that needs to be fixed. If I add a single citation to a previous list of 56 citations at the end of a sentence, Zotero needs to be able to add it without my entering all 56 citations all over again.
  • I think you're misunderstanding something.
    There seem to be two entirely different questions:
    1. Collapsing: (1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 38, 39) -- how would you collapse that? There isn't really a way that would make this any shorter. (1-2, 4-5, 7-8, 38-39) takes up just as much space. Where it saves space, i.e. for more than 2 consecutive numbers, Zotero does collapse citations.
    2. Adding citations to existing lists: That's obviously possible. Place your curser into the citation, click "Add/edit citation" and simply add the new citation. If that's not working for you, please describe exactly what you're seeing. It certainly works for me.