Error # 618290552 Word 2013 crashing

I am using Zotero to manage citations in my thesis document. Word closes and restarts after adding a citation, or refreshing citations often, and I am sometimes unable to open my document (it will close seconds after opening the document).
  • What exact version of Word?

I see the most current version is 15.0.5145.1001

I will try updating word and seeing if that helps.
  • Word continues to restart or shut down when I refresh my citations even with the updated version.
  • It sometimes shuts down when I type, without adding, editing, or refreshing citations.
  • If this happens while working on the document normally it indicates a Word problem so you'll have to troubleshoot it with Microsoft resources.
  • I've tried reinstalling Word 2013, Zotero and I still have problems with the document with citations made with Zotero. All other documents are stable in Word. Is it possible there's a citation(s) that are causing the file to be unstable?
  • It is possible that field codes (which is a Word feature that is used for things like page numbers, active date and similar), where Zotero stores the citation information, are causing the instability. Once again, though, if you are seeing crashing when using Word normally then we do not have the ability to fix it. A simple thing to try would be to copy and paste the text of the document to a fresh Word file and see if it's better. Otherwise we would recommend updating to the latest version of Word, at least the trial version for testing if the crashing disappears.
  • Thanks. I tried pasting the text into a fresh file, but I observed the same problem.

I upgraded to O365, and so far my document has been stable.