Update to macOS Catalina beta causes "Zotero Integration Error"

edited June 30, 2019
Hi there, yesterday I updated my mac to catalina beta. Since then I am getting an error message when trying to use any function provided by the zotero add-in in my Word. Even trying to add a reference in an empty document or trying to "refresh" or set document preferences in a document produces an error message saying: "Zotero Integration Error Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?" The Troubleshooting instructions offered are those ones and they don't help: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/debugging_broken_documents . Anyone experiencing similar behavior?

Any idea on how to solve that issue?

LibreOffice and Google Docs are not affected.
  • Also having the same issue. That's what I get for using beta!
  • We haven't tested Zotero with Catalina at all yet. We'll begin looking into compatibility within the next few weeks.
  • Sadly having the same issue, too.
  • Same here! Hope issue gets solved soon.
  • Same issue here. Debug ID: D975925281
  • Same here ! ID : 1492267222
  • There's no need for further reports of this — when we start looking into Catalina compatibility, we'll debug this ourselves. If you'd like to follow this thread for updates, you can just subscribe to it without posting.
  • you need to start looking into catalina compatibility faster then guys it's the time for thesis!!!!
  • edited July 13, 2019
    If you're working on a thesis — or doing any real work at all — the absolute last thing you should be doing is running an unstable beta version of your operating system.

You should have no expectation that anything will work properly until it ships in the fall.

From Apple:
    Install the beta software only on non-production devices that are not business critical. We strongly recommend installing on a secondary system or device, or on a secondary partition on your Mac.
  • Oh hallelujah. Catalina update, Word update (MS Office suite update), and Zotero update. Installed them all, and Zotero is working again. Hallelujah! THANK YOU! (and thanks for the stickers -- got 'em yesterday)
  • Mine is still not working ... How can I access the Zotero update?
  • edited August 19, 2019
    We didn't change anything, but in our testing Zotero works with the latest Catalina builds (other than a minor font rendering issue at small sizes on non-Retina displays that we'll fix before Catalina is released).
  • This is why you should never ever update you MacBook while depending on a certain programe. Apple is merciless kicking out software, without any thoughtfulness to customers. That is why this is the last Apple computer I have bought. I will first finish my assignment and then update the computer.
  • @manuel229: I'm not sure what you mean, but the Zotero app is fully compatible with Catalina and a beta of the Zotero Connector for Safari 13 is available. If you're having some other problem, please start a new thread.

I'm closing this thread, since it was about an earlier Catalina beta from last summer.
This discussion has been closed.