Library not showing on zotero.com

I have standalone Zotero running on my iMac and my MacBook Air. They sync just fine. Hv, when I look online, My Library is empty.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • and you're positive the username you have in the sync pane in Zotero is the same -- lynrobinson -- you're using on the website? That would be very odd.
  • Hi - Thanks for replying.

I login with my user name lynrobinson. There is an option to login with my email address - would that make a difference? Cheers!
  • it doesn't really matter what you login with -- but could you check what's in your sync pane in Zotero? If you're using your e-mail there, it's at least possible that you accidentally created two accounts.

Otherwise&just to be sure: You don't see anything when you click on "My Library" at the top of this page?
  • I have tried both my user name and email address in the sync pane under preferences - in either case when I login to the website, there is nothing in my library other than the headings - not a single reference .... I see what you mean about having created two accounts - but I am not certain how to check ..
  • by headings you mean the column headings, yes? Title, Creator, etc?

I suppose you could try a hard reload of that page. How depends on the browser (quick google should help if you don't know) Which browser are you using?
  • Yep - the column headings.

I am using Safari with the extension.

Thanks for helping me.
  • so hard reload of a page is holding down the shift key while pressing the reload button.
  • Thank you - I'm not sure what this means so I will go google for a bit ...

:-)
  • just on the page where Zotero should be displaying your library, hold down the shift key of your keyboard and press the reload button in Safari.
  • .. still nothing .. would the reset function be worth a go ... i.e. try to copy my local version to the server?
  • no -- if sync is working between two computers, the data is on the server (sync always goes through the server).

I'm going to wait for Dan to check if you have anything on the server, he should be around later today.
  • That sounds great - I really appreciate your help. Zotero is working very nicely for me but it would be reassuring to have my library on the server too ... It is most likely something I have pressed by mistake ... :-)
  • You have 70 items (including child items and deleted items) in your online library on this account.

Safari should work fine, but have you tried a different browser?
  • But also, what happens if you load, say, the following URL?

https://www.zotero.org/lynrobinson/items/itemKey/2E2UP56U
  • Hi - thank you for taking time with this. Good to know the items are on the server - but I still can't see them. I haven't tried another browser but I will give it a go later today. The link you sent just shows the empty library again .. this time I am using my iPad with Safari. The local files on my desktop and laptop sync fine, so it is curious that I cannot see the collection on the web ..

Thanks again -
  • Could you share a screenshot of what you see? You can post it to a free file-sharing site (Dropbox, imgur.com, etc.) and provide a link here.
  • Sure - I am not at my computer right now so it will be in a while - thanks!
  • Hi - Ooooh - I just went to your link again to take a screenshot and the library is there! Not sure if you looked at it in a meaningful way but thanks!
  • No, we didn't change anything.
  • Must have been a ghost on my machines ... but thank you once again - it is still there and working very nicely. This is a great piece of software.
  • Old thread, but hopefully it's still monitored... I'm having precisely the same problem. Hoping dstillman can send me a link and magically make it work, as it did for lynrobinson... ;)
  • @rdecresc: You don't have any items online, at least in the account you're posting from. If you want to use your online library or multiple computers, you'll need to set up syncing. Start a new thread if you're still having trouble, since this one is for a different issue (and we didn't actually do anything to fix anything here anyway).