strange behavior in the "duplicate items" list

edited June 18, 2019
Hi!
I have 2 questions concerning the "duplicate items" list. There I can find several references in duplicate und triplicate.

1) For some references, I get a field with the different dates and times corresponding to each of the multiplicates. Sometimes this field with date and time does not appear. Why?

2) I have a case where a reference is present in triplicate but the list with dates and times contains more than 3 dates+time, like 5 dates and times! How can this happen? What does that mean?
  • Which dates/ times field are you talking about?
  • That would be the dates and times shown when there are multiple versions of the item, to let you choose between different master versions. It doesn't appear when the items are all identical.
    I have a case where a reference is present in triplicate but the list with dates and times contains more than 3 dates+time, like 5 dates and times!
    That shouldn't be possible. Are you sure the items aren't just not all contiguous in the list?
  • edited June 24, 2019
    OK so I take it for granted that when no date appear, it means that dates and times are exactly the same. Thank you!

I solved the problem of more than 3 dates and times for 3 occurences (=triplicates), I explain here what I did so perhaps you can track the problem and find a solution:

1) I select a triplicate in the "duplicates" list (let's call it "A et al.").
    2) I click on another triplicate just under the first selected triplicate to select it (let's call it "B et al.")
    3) At this point, if I have a look at the times and dates, I have more than 3
    4) Now, if I click once more on the second triplicate (=B et al.), I get only 3 dates and times
    5) This works only with duplicates/triplicates which are listed just before or after the triplicate selected in the point 2 (so with A et al. or C et al., but not with D, E or F et al.). If I first select duplicates far away from this triplicate, I don't see this behavior.
    6) I tried with other triplicates in a row further in the list, this does not occur. So this behavior seems to be spectific to the triplicate "B et al.". However I don't really see something special in this triplicate, something that makes it stick out of the list.