Count of bibliometric data such

How can I perform a count of bibliometric data such as: the expression of authors such as keywords, year of publication etc?
  • I’m not sure exactly what you mean. Can you be more specific about what you want to do?
  • I want to do one systematic review, and for this I need some informations as: title, abstract, keywords more used, places that publish the most.... can I rescue this data in an automated way? without excel support or another software for this?
  • Try selecting the items you want, right-clicking, and choosing Generate Report. If that isn’t what you are looking for, then please say _exactly_ what information you want and you want to do with it.

(I’ve done 30+ systematic reviews using Zotero. I can describe the best ways to do various parts of the process, but I don’t know what step you are looking to do here.)
  • I never did review with the zotero. I'm still getting to know and trying the platform. if you could help me with tips would be very good.
  • edited June 21, 2019
    @beatrizoli_ @bwiernik is offering you valuable advice and assistance.

What you desire, if I understand you correctly, is beyond the capabilities of current Zotero capacity but no single software package can do all of what you want to accomplish. Zotero, however, is perfect software for conducting and writing a literature review. A few examples:

Places that publish-- Are you interested in publication companies, cities where published, both? This is generally available for books but for journal articles the city of publication isn't typically available in metadata and would need to be found and entered by hand. For example, Elsevier is headquartered in Amsterdam but many of their journals are published in other cities throughout the world. Are you interested in the institutions where authors are affiliated?

Keywords-- Are you interested in author-provided keywords or database index terms or both? Automatic Zotero keyword tags? This can be confusing.

Using automobile drivers and road vehicles as an example, bonnet/hood; kerb/curb; etc. Are those synonyms to be treated as the same concept or are you interested in cultural differences in how the same concept may be called by different names?

Of the databases that assign index terms to driver and road characteristics the US National Library of Medicine's MeSH, The US Transportation Research Board's TRID Thesaurus terms, PsycINFO, and AgeLine each use index terms that are quite different but refer to identical concepts. If you are drawing from multiple databases you will likely need to (post search) combine the various terms in a way that is useful to you.

There are many terms that are ambiguous across nations and professional disciplines. For example, if you are interested in sports the word "football" when used by authors from different places will mean different things. The most obvious being American football versus soccer. But writers in some nations who discuss "football" without further explanation refer to Australian football, Canadian football, Gaelic football, or some other games.

I agree with you that including the locations and keywords concepts in your systematic review would make it stand-out as more thorough than usual. However, the expectation (that a software package can automatically (without user input) manage text-words, keywords, index terms) is, alas, unrealistic.

edits: grammar and clarity
  • @DWL-SDCA @bwiernik I really appreciate the tips. Talking with experienced people is always very important.

What would you tell me? What can I automatically retrieve from file metadata in zotero?
  • @beatrizoli_
    Please take a few minutes and view everything under Using Zotero at:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/

Then do some experimentation on your own. Even the advanced capabilities of Zotero are rather easy to learn. As you encounter difficulties ask detailed questions here.
  • @beatrizoli_

Can you please describe, in detail, exactly what you are wanting to do? I am very happy to help you, but I just need some more information about exactly what you are trying to do? Do you want a list of all of the authors in your library? Do you want an easy-to-read report giving the author, title, and abstract of each item for your review?

I need some more details to be able to give you guidance. Can you please write a few paragraphs describing exactly what you want to do and where you are running into trouble.

If it's easier to write in a non-English language, please feel free to do so.