Tag Selector Freeze

edited June 10, 2019
Hello,

Not a big issue in my case, but I have a recurrent problem with the tag selector. By default, I keep the selector hidden. But anytime I want to open it, I get an error asking to restart Zotero and to report the error.

Zotero 5.0.66 (all add-ons disabled):
Report ID: 141788004
Debug ID: D1586459334

Zotero 5.0.67-beta.18+98d2b6902 (all add-ons disabled):
Report ID: 1875232038

HTH

System information:
Ubuntu 18.04.2
JRE Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_201
  • edited June 13, 2019
    ̶I̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶m̶̶o̶̶v̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶g̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶i̶̶b̶̶r̶̶a̶̶r̶̶y̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶a̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶Z̶̶o̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶S̶̶t̶̶o̶̶r̶̶a̶̶g̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶S̶̶c̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶d̶̶d̶̶-̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶e̶̶s̶̶t̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶T̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶d̶̶d̶̶-̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶r̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶#̶̶d̶̶u̶̶p̶̶l̶̶i̶̶c̶̶a̶̶t̶̶e̶̶_̶̶a̶̶t̶̶t̶̶a̶̶c̶̶h̶̶m̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶i̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶u̶̶s̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶r̶̶e̶̶e̶̶z̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶r̶̶r̶̶o̶̶r̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶I̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶t̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶m̶̶o̶̶v̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶d̶̶d̶̶-̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶s̶̶s̶̶o̶̶c̶̶i̶̶a̶̶t̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶g̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶o̶̶b̶̶l̶̶e̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶o̶̶n̶̶e̶̶.̶̶
    Well, no, Storage Scanner add-on is clearly not the culprit. I created a unique tag on a unique item by hand and when I try to open the hidden tag selector, it freezes and Zotero must be restarted.
  • edited June 13, 2019
    After you restart Zotero, is the tag selector open, and does it work properly? Can you then close it and reopen it? In other words, does this only happen if the tag selector is closed at startup?
  • edited June 13, 2019
    After the restart, the tag selector is opened and works properly. I can then close it and reopen it. I did some other trials with a start, tag selector hidden:
    1. open the tag selector by dragging the separator: freeze and error,
    2. open the tag selector by clicking the separator with the "hand" mouse pointer: no freeze, no error

And the same occurs on the Mac version.

HTH
  • Am I the only one facing this issue?
  • Still exists in version 5.0.71. What could explain this?