comma in Journal article object

hi,
i feel that i discovered a small glitch in the way bibliography is built when Vancouver author-date citation is active.
i have a reference which appears this way, with one comma more than it is necessary:
European Union. 2017. «European Parliament resolution of 1 March 2018 on the situation of fundamental rights in the EU in 2016». Official Journal of the European Union, C, , n. 443 (dicembre): 31–38

i have no value for the volume, in the info for this item.
if i add just for testing purpose a dummy 99999 value for volume, the bibliography has the right punctuation:
European Union. 2017. «European Parliament resolution of 1 March 2018 on the situation of fundamental rights in the EU in 2016». Official Journal of the European Union, C, 99999 (443): 31–38.

any suggestions or amendment ? could i directly edit the vancouver author-date style ? how?

thank you
maurizio
  • Can you right click on the item, export it it as CSL-JSOn, then copy the contents of the exported file to http://hastebin.com and post a link here?
  • i am able to paste but not to save and get a link
    m
  • THe Save button is in the upper right corner.
  • yes i tried it, it makes me save on my mac a hastebin.html file.
    what doesn't give a link.
    pasting here the json code is not ok?
    m
  • edited May 31, 2019
    everything ok, it was only a matter of time needed to refresh the citations, m.
    -----------------
    PS: i have another question about vancouver author-date.
    i have three journal articles by European Union, all three published in 2017. they are official documents published by the UE official journal.
    it happens that when i cite them in the document i am writing, they all appear as "European Union 2017". shouldn't i have a "European Union 2017a", "European Union 2017b", etc., allowing the reader to find the right document in the general bibliography?
    thank you
    maurizio
  • Hmm, hastebin seem to not be working at the moment. Weird.

Yes you can post the JSON code here if you wrap it in <code> </code> tags.

Can you do that for the EU documents?
  • edited May 31, 2019
    hi bwiernik,
    here below is the code.
    when you say "Can you do that for the EU documents?", uhm do you mean posting the "whole document"? m

[
    {
    "id": "http://zotero.org/users/1764901/items/EEWZ9V9L",
    "type": "article-journal",
    "title": "European Parliament resolution of 1 March 2018 on the situation of fundamental rights in the EU in 2016",
    "container-title": "Official Journal of the European Union",
    "collection-title": "Communication",
    "page": "31-38",
    "issue": "443",
    "URL": "https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1559319617668&uri=CELEX:52018IP0056",
    "title-short": "OJ C",
    "author": [
    {
    "family": "European Union",
    "given": ""
    }
    ],
    "issued": {
    "date-parts": [
    [
    "2017",
    ]