Error in Google Doc

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero Google Docs Integration not showing up for all docs.
  • I have Zotero connector installed and was using in a google doc but now its not showing. When I create a new google doc the Zotero button shows up again but not in the original google doc... appreciate any help
  • @mgoldsby Does it appear if you restart the browser?
  • unfortunately No, I also tried reinstalling. It is only happening on this document not on others in google doc.
  • You do not have neither the Zotero menu option at the top nor the button in the button bar? Does the popup to "Edit with Zotero" appear if you place the text cursor over an existing citation?
  • it's showing up but still getting errors when trying to insert citations. I found in the trouble shooting guide that Zotero has problems with Google Docs due to document versioning so I just plan to export to word and do citations in word.
  • I found in the trouble shooting guide that Zotero has problems with Google Docs due to document versioning
    What exactly are you referring to? We support Google Docs, and it's obviously meant to work fine. You originally reported this as the button not showing up, so if you're experiencing something else now we'll need to debug that.

What's the actual error message you're getting now? Can you provide a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for an unsuccessful attempt to insert a citation?