notes not sorting by date modified

I have notes on most of my bibliographic entries and I want to search by the date I modified the note. When I sort by the most recent date modified, this only works for the main bibliographic item but does not include the notes that belong to those papers.
  • edited March 2, 2011
    Ever get a solution to this? I'm trying to figure this out right now!
  • Same issue. Everytime I get back to work I have to search the note I was working on.

"Date modified" (or any new search column) should reflect changes to child items too.

Any help?
  • Make a saved search:
    Date modified [is in the last] x days
    Item type=note

It will still sort by parent item but you'll see the recently modified notes easily.
  • Great and simple! Thank you for your quick answer.
  • It would still be very helpful to add the ability to sort all child notes by date modified. Oddly the mobile web version does this--but it has another problem: it shows only a limited number of the child notes. I've asked for a modification to show all child notes--perhaps in successive screens.
  • erazlogo, thank you for that workaround! Totally helping me find what I was writing about 2 weeks ago. Definite lifesaver being able to see what child notes had been modified when in my sprawling library.