Double citations after Zotero update

Hello,
I've done a Zotero update to version 5.0.65. I am working with Zotero Standalone and Word. When I add a new citation in a document a new number is given for it althought the source is still in the document. Therefore I have different numbers in my bibliography for the same source. In the document I worked with Zotero before and after the update.
Did someone have the same problem? How can I solve it?
Thanks for your help!
  • Did you at some point remove the items you are citing and re-added them? E.g. by exporting and importing your library? If so, the link between citations in the doc and those items is lost and you will either need to restore your old library or reinsert old citations.
  • A few months ago I changed my account on the same computer (local user to "server-based" user). Zotero worked well after this step. After the update I had to re-link the library.
    At this point, old and new citations are linked to the library. The items are not lost. However, when I add a new citation at a new location, I cannot select "cited" from the list, but from the "Library". On the other hand, if I edit an old citation and try to insert the same source, I can select "cited" from the list.
    The problem is that it is my dissertation with about > 200 different sources, so I don't want to re-link all my old citations.
  • Could you produce a Debug ID from Zotero?

1. In the Help menu, go to Debug Output Logging and select Enable.
    2. Edit an old citation where and type in the citation dialog until you see a cited reference appear. Close the citation dialog.
    3. Try adding a new citation and type the same text you typed in the previous dialog, but where you don't see the cited reference appear. Make sure you give Zotero some time to think. Close the citation dialog.
    4. Before doing anything else, return to Help → Debug Output Logging and click Submit Output, which will disable logging and submit the output to zotero.org. A window should pop up containing a Debug ID. Click “Copy to Clipboard” and paste the Debug ID into this forum thread.
  • Thanks for your reply.
    I tried to get the debug file, but it's too big for the chat (> 9000 lines). However, waiting (~ 5 min) showed me the original citation. In addition, I see in my biblography an additional source that should be the same source (only one difference: the surname of the author is shown in the citation dialog of the bibliography, not for the cited), but generates another citation as described above. In the library it is only one source.
    How can I merge this?

Here are the first lines of the log file:

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: 2147500034" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 197}]

[JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]

[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Failure" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/integration/quickFormat.js :: _resize :: line 811" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/integration/quickFormat.js" line: 811}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Failure" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/integration/quickFormat.js :: _resize :: line 811" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/integration/quickFormat.js" line: 811}]

version => 5.0.65, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 6.1; WOW64, locale => de, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.65, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.65, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.12.SA.5.0.65, extension), Shockwave Flash (22.0.0.209, plugin)

(3)(+0320464): Integration: WinWord-addEditCitation:'M:\Data\Promo\Diss\2019_04_11.docx' invoked

(3)(+0000004): Integration: Instantiating @zotero.org/Zotero/integration/application?agent=WinWord;1 for command addEditCitation with doc M:\Data\Promo\Diss\2019_04_11.docx

(3)(+0000006): Synchronous integration plugin functions are deprecated -- update to asynchronous methods

(4)(+0000008): ZoteroWinWordIntegration: getDocumentData

(4)(+0000010): ZoteroWinWordIntegration: cursorInField

(4)(+0005828): ZoteroWinWordIntegration: canInsertField

(4)(+0000002): ZoteroWinWordIntegration: cursorInField

(4)(+0000404): ZoteroWinWordIntegration: insertField

(4)(+0000058): ZoteroWinWordIntegration: setCode TEMP

(4)(+0000034): ZoteroWinWordIntegration: getFieldsAsync

(4)(+0000000): ZoteroWinWordIntegration: getFields

(3)(+0008306): Integration: Displaying dialog chrome://zotero/content/integration/quickFormat.xul

(4)(+0000000): ZoteroWinWordIntegration: cleanup

(3)(+0009372): Integration: Retrieved 773 fields in 17.68; 43.72171945701358 fields/second

(4)(+0000008): ZoteroWinWordIntegration: equals
  • @EEff: Submit the file by pressing the Submit button. There is a delivery channel for it behind the scenes, and Adomas can pick it up there. What he needs here is not the file contents, but the Debug ID number. If you follow his instructions, you can paste the number here - that's how he will know which debug report is yours.
  • It seems that you have over 700 citations in this document. Zotero fetches those from the document to be able to select cited items when you open the citation dialog and it takes a while (in the debug log 18s), so you will need to wait for them to show up.