Zotero not syncing - report ID: 1030791710

edited April 11, 2019
My sync worked until a few minutes ago, and then just stopped--debug below. Syncing my library won't complete and throws up an error.

I added a new item before it broke, but deleting that item and restarting zotero and chrome didn't fix the sync issue, and the debug report seems to indicate issues with 10 items. The item is very run-of-the mill, just an article from Science Direct.

Also, how can I find the item from the item name? (e.g. "9J2EHRDF"?) Couldn't find out how, but also wasn't sure what to search, since searching "Item ID" etc. gives unrelated issues.

I subscribed to a new group library yesterday, but I haven't made any changes there, haven't moved any items, and the group library syncs fine. The sync error is with my library.

Many thanks.

Debug:

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item 9J2EHRDF in My Library:

ZoteroObjectUploadError: An error occurred"]

[JavaScript Error: "An error occurred" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1305}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item MKTH97HB in My Library:

[JavaScript Error: "An error occurred" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1305}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item 3645WN38 in My Library:

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item 4GTDMIGT in My Library:

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item U9TXMUBR in My Library:

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item 4EUZW3UY in My Library:

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item XVY2FIP2 in My Library:

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item C6ZITVSD in My Library:

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item SPXPPHIT in My Library:

[JavaScript Error: "Made no progress during upload -- stopping" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1364}]

[JavaScript Error: "Made no progress during upload -- stopping" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1364}]

version => 5.0.65, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.13, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.65, extensions => Zutilo Utility for Zotero (3.0.3, extension), Zotero Word for Mac Integration (5.0.18.SA.5.0.65, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.65, extension), Shockwave Flash (20.0.0.286, plugin), Paper Machines (0.4.9, extension, disabled)
  • Ok so I think it's working. It was the new item from Science Direct.

For others: I had to delete the new item, then empty the zotero trash, then restart Zotero, then sync for it to work.

When I synced after deleting the item, it gave 5 duplicate items to correct. This is strange because they weren't there before and didn't relate to the deleted item. But anyway I just merged each of them and the sync worked, albeit slowly, after about 5 minutes of syncing.

Then I added the new item again (that I'd deleted) and synced it without making changes, then I added tags etc and synced. Each time sync was really slow (not an internet speed or capacity issue here, I checked) but it did work.

For now I'm just glad it was only a small glitch and the internet isn't broken.
  • No need to delete things. (I suspect this was just a temporary glitch solved by waiting a bit to upload more items.) If this happens again, we'd want to see a Debug ID for a sync that produces an error.
  • Hi, That is the debug from the sync with the error.
  • No, that's not a Debug ID.
  • I just followed what the instructions said to so
  • edited April 11, 2019
    You provided a Report ID and the contents of the error report. A Report ID isn't the same as a Debug ID. You're not supposed to know that, but as I say, if this happens again, we'd want a Debug ID.
  • Then it’d just help if the instructions aaid to do that
  • I'm really not sure why you're trying to argue with me. I'm just telling you the information we need to debug this if this happens again.
  • Just saying they should instruct us to give the info you need
  • A Debug ID is a more complicated process and isn't usually necessary, so we only ask for a Report ID by default. But we'll sometimes ask for a Debug ID here when we need more info.