Author's first name appears first in citation

This discussion was created from comments split from: In-text citations are mixed up in word document.
  • Mine might have the same problems. I filled in the Authors name accordingly as the last names and then the first name. When I cited it, it falls in order as first name appear first. Is there any setting I needed to change?
  • What citation style?

Is the citation underlined? (If so, you have Automatically Update Citations disabled in the plugin's document preferences and need to press Refresh to get a final citation.)
  • I have no idea what I am using but i might give you an example. Below is the correct way to reference the book. I inserted them correctly into zotero.

- Austin, Denise A, Jesus First: The Life and Leadership of Andrew Evans (Sydney:
    Alphacrucis College Press, 2017).

However when I tried to use citation, it appears as:

- Denise A, Austin, Jesus First: The Life and Leadership of Andrew Evans (Sydney:
    Alphacrucis College Press, 2017).

See the author's name changes?

The bibliography is still correct though.
    Im just wondering if I need to change any setting. I use Turabian 8th edition i think as preferences.
  • Is there really a comma between "Denise A" and "Austin"?
  • @vfenehia Can you export the item as CSL-JSON from your Zotero library, save the contents of the exported file to http://hastebin.com, and post a link to the file here?
  • Yes there should be a comma between Denise A and Austin. I used the same preferences last year and its works fine. so now i had to manually organise it coorectly jus to get my work done for now. @fbennett .
  • @vfenehia Please provide requested info, i.e. check you currently are using Turabian 8th edition style or another, and the CSL-JSON form of the item.
  • thanks I will try and do that.