Zotero://select for Dummies

I'm absolutely certain that this is due to my ignorance, but I can't figure it out.

I want to be able to link to a Zotero item in my personal library from another application on the same computer (Scrivener). I'm not trying to get full integration, and I'm not trying to get formatted citations. I just want to be able to put a bookmark into Scrivener (which accepts urls as bookmarks), so that I can click the bookmark in Scrivener and have it go to the item in Zotero.

It looks to me as if a solution has been created called zotero://select. And this url tells me how to install it. https://zoteromusings.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/zotero-item-uris-from-client/

But I'm having trouble figuring it out. It says to "download" a file and put it in my Zotero translator directory. When I click the link, it gives me some plain text that is pretty obviously code. There's no mechanism I can see to "download" this code as a file. I can copy/paste that into a text editor (I used MS Word for Mac), but all of the files in my translator folder have .js extensions, and Word won't let me save with that extension. What format am I supposed to save the file in?

Is there some other way to find out what the url is for an individual zotero item? If so, I could just input it into Scrivener directly.

Again, I'm sure this is my lack of knowledge. I have zero programming expertise, but I am a dedicated zotero user, and it is absolutely central to my work.

Can anyone offer any help?