Zotero chrome extension not working on google docs

I made a Zotero account and have my library ready to go. I am working on Google docs and while I see the Zotero button on the menu bar and am able to get the drop down menu, when I click on any of the options, nothing happens. I have tried restarting Chrome and uninstalling and reinstalling my Zotero plug in with no success. Would appreciate some help!
  • Do you have the Zotero app open as well as Chrome?
  • I have also experienced an issue with Zotero and Google Docs in Chromium (73.0.3683.75, running on 4.18.0-17-generic #18~18.04.1-Ubuntu). Adding citations works only once and then I have to close the file and reopen it. The triggered error message reads: "Zotero fields cannot be inserted here." This does not happen in Firefox.
  • Zotero works fine in Firefox with Word. It's not working for me using Chrome and Google Docs. The Zotero Connector does not add a Zotero menu to the Google Docs interface. Using a PC. Have tried install/uninstall, restarting computer. Any suggestions?
  • In Zotero Connector Preferences, under Advanced is the option to enable the Google Docs integration checked? If it is could you submit a Report ID?