Programm does not respond

Report-ID: 2090564989

If I try to fill in a citation in word ("Add/Edit Citation") it happened many times that both Word (365) and Zotero did not respond.

"Field reference lost
@[insert FieldRaw:document.m:1367]"

What can I do?
  • Does it work well in a new document? What version of Word are you running?
  • Using Microsoft Word for Mac, Version 16.23

I have the same problem in a new document, but unfortunately I can't find out when word does not respond and when it does if I try to fill in and citation.

Any ideas?
  • It is not entirely clear what the problem that you are seeing is. Could you describe step by step what you are doing in a new document that eventually produces an error or freezing of either Zotero or Word?
  • edited April 8, 2019
    1. I start word
    2. I start Zotero
    3. I try to fill in a citation in word with the word-add-in using "Add/Edit Citation"
    4. either word or word does not respond

5. (didn't happened before, maybe this time I waited long enough - about 5 minutes:) Zotero gives me the feedback "The operation couldn't be completed (OSStatus error-1712 @[getDocument:application.m:83]"

6. I try again to fill in a citation and everything is working fine

7. I close everything

8. I start from the beginning, then 1.-6. follows
  • We need more details on "filling in the citation". Do you get the citation dialog? Can you add citations in the dialog? Do applications freeze after you press Enter to finalize the citation?

Did 5 happen when you force-closed Word? Does one application freeze consistently (e.g. always Word)?