Word plug-in

I downloaded the plugin for word but it is not showing up. I checked the add-on list in word and zotero is not listed. I tried to manually download and I am unable to find the file on my computer. I wanted to download again and I am unable to get to the download link. Please help.
  • I tried to manually download and I am unable to find the file on my computer.
    Where exactly are you looking?
    I wanted to download again and I am unable to get to the download link.
    What do you mean by that? You download Zotero from the download page.
  • I was following the instructions under troubleshooting word plugin. It said there should be a file name saved on my computer. Unable to find the plug in file. I tried to download plugin from the website but the only available downloads were for the chrome extension and the main zotero software. I was unable to find a download for the word add on after I downloaded it once. I can't find this download on my computer to uninstall and reinstall.
  • edited December 20, 2018
    It said there should be a file name saved on my computer. Unable to find the plug in file.
    Right, I'm asking for the exact path where you're looking, and what you're seeing instead.
    I was unable to find a download for the word add on after I downloaded it once.
    The Word plugin is bundled with Zotero, so you don't download it separately.

There was a downloadable plugin for the old Firefox version of Zotero, and if you installed that into Zotero previously, you'd want to remove it, since it's long out of date. If you go to Tools → Add-ons → Extensions in Zotero, does the Word plugin show up, and is it listed as enabled?
  • I went to the download page. Clicked on the plug in link at bottom. Clicked on zotero word processor plugins listed under word and libreoffice. Clicked on using the zotero word plugin. Then i clicked on installing link. From there i went to troubleshoot and manual install. Unable to find download on my computer for manual install.
  • Yes it shows as enabled
  • C:\Users\sheri\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Office.Desktop_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP
  • OK, that's a new startup folder location for Office installations from the Windows app store. We're going to try to fix this in an upcoming version, but for now you can follow the manual installation instructions to copy Zotero.dotm to that folder.
  • I think I found the problem. My virus protection blocked this application as malicious spyware.
  • @dstillman do you know whether this was fixed in the latest version?
  • We did push a fix for it, albeit not a fully tested one since it is unclear under what conditions the Startup folder gets placed in that location instead of the standard one. Are you having problems with the automatic plugin installer?