How to add bibliographic metadata to our reports in order to fill Zotero database

I would like to know how I should proceed to add bibliographic metadata to the reports we produce so that they can be read directly in Zotero. I tested the "filling" of bibliographic fields in Acrobat: this is not enough to make them readable by Zotero.

Thank you for considering my request,
  • Though if you're referring to PDFs, there's not really anything you can do to make Zotero recognize those other than include a DOI on the first page. Adding PDFs directly isn't the primary way to add things to Zotero, so the more important thing would be to host those PDFs on pages with exposed metadata, and Zotero users would save from there.
  • Thank you for this information. Our documentary portal already presents the bibliographic records in such a way that they can be read by Zotero, unfortunately at least. That's why I would have liked the pdf to "carry" metadata with it that Zotero could read. Especially since word processors and pdf managers offer the possibility of storing bibliographic metadata. I was hoping Zotero could read them. What a pity!
    I will try to see if we can get a DOI for our documents.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
  • PDF metadata is generally of very poor quality, so we don't bother extracting it.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, though:
    Our documentary portal already presents the bibliographic records in such a way that they can be read by Zotero, unfortunately at least.
    If portal exposes metadata in a way that can be read by Zotero, there's no particular need for the PDF itself to be include metadata. Zotero users would just save from the article page.
  • Our OPAC uses the PMB software. The bibliographic records exposed in our OPAC are not correctly read by Zotero[https://tourduvalat.centredoc.fr/index.php?lvl=cmspage&pageid=6&id_rubrique=77]. I have already worked with the company that is updating PMB to improve this without very convincing results. The company has created a filter that can export data correctly to Zotero but most users of the site do not use this function which requires more manipulation[https://tourduvalat.centredoc.fr/index.php?lvl=show_cart], export Format Ris Zotero.
    That's why I'm trying to improve our own pdf files so that they can "carry" elements that can be read by Zotero themselves.