Zotero slow on Mac

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero very slow to open.
  • I am using a new iMac, where I have copied the content of my old MacBook Pro using TimeMachine. Zotero is not excruciatingly slow -- startup, linking files, searches. All is slow, while on my old MacBook things work more or less normal. Any help?
  • (The thread you posted to was a couple years old — better to start a new thread for new issues.)

Make sure you've updated to Zotero 5.0.62, and if you're still having provide a Debug ID for a single operation that's slow.
  • Thank you for getting back to me. I will provide a Debug ID shortly.
  • Start by upgrading to 5.0.63, which may fix the problems you're seeing.
  • Thank you for getting back to me. I still have this problem and this is the Debug ID D1976527752. I have been using Zotero for over 5 years now and this is the first time this is happening. Please help. I am running version 5.0.64 (standalone)
  • That appears to just be Zotero starting up. We'd need a Debug ID for a specific operation that's slow.
  • Here it is Debug ID D1372949475 - I tried to search a title in simple search and it got stucked. Many thanks for your attention.
  • In what way did it get stuck? What happened, exactly? How long did you wait?
  • As said, I transferred the library from my old MacBook Pro to a new iMac using TimeMachine. The version of the same library (synchronised) is extremely fast on my old MacBook and slow (everything is slow: startup, find, zotfile, etc). It can take up to 3-4 minutes to start, while the same library takes few seconds to startup on my MacBook
  • I'm asking specifically about the Debug ID you provided and the search operation it's meant to show. The debug output shows a search beginning, but it doesn't appear to actually include it completing and updating the items list. Can you try again, make sure the search completes, and say how long it takes and what happens?
  • Here is another debug id D2053507927 it takes about 2 minutes to search my zotero library. If this is not the exact debug ID you are looking for please tell me where I can find some step-by-step instructions on how to generate one that is meaningful.
  • edited April 8, 2019
    I'm still not seeing any delays in there. What do you mean by "it takes about 2 minutes to search my zotero library"? What is the delay between, exactly?