When I use ShadowSocket(VPN) background, Zotero can't connect the Internet.

When I use ShadowSocket(VPN) background, Zotero can't connect the Internet.
But if I close the VPN , it worked well.Actually ,I need VPN to do other things while using Zotero.What should I do if I open VPN and want Zotero connecting the Internet for synchronizing.

Error log:

[JavaScript Error: "An error occurred while connecting to the server. Please check the network connection."]

[JavaScript Error: "An error occurred while connecting to the server. Please check the network connection."]

[JavaScript Error: "formatURLPref: Couldn't get pref: extensions.getAddons.link.url" {file: "resource://gre/components/nsURLFormatter.js" line: 143}]
uf_formatURLPref@resource://gre/components/nsURLFormatter.js:143:7
gListView.initialize@chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js:2735:9
gViewController.initialize@chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js:709:7
initialize@chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js:211:3

1550997171126 addons.xpi WARN Add-on papermachines@chrisjr.org is not compatible with application version.

1550997171128 addons.xpi WARN Add-on papermachines@chrisjr.org is not compatible with application version.

1550997453612 addons.xpi WARN Add-on papermachines@papermachines.org is not compatible with application version.

Signature Verification Error: the signature on this .jar archive is invalid because the certificate used to sign this file has an unrecognized issuer.

1550997453616 addons.xpi WARN Add-on papermachines@papermachines.org is not compatible with application version.

[JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]

1550997633808 addons.xpi WARN Add-on papermachines@papermachines.org is not compatible with application version.

Signature Verification Error: the signature on this .jar archive is invalid because the certificate used to sign this file has an unrecognized issuer.

1550997633812 addons.xpi WARN Add-on papermachines@papermachines.org is not compatible with application version.

Warning: NetUtil.newChannel(uri) deprecated, please provide argument 'aWhatToLoad'

Warning: NetUtil.newChannel(uri) deprecated, please provide argument 'aWhatToLoad'

[JavaScript Error: "formatURLPref: Couldn't get pref: extensions.getAddons.link.url" {file: "resource://gre/components/nsURLFormatter.js" line: 143}]
uf_formatURLPref@resource://gre/components/nsURLFormatter.js:143:7
gListView.initialize@chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js:2735:9
gViewController.initialize@chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js:709:7
initialize@chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js:211:3

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: o is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/zoteroPane.js" line: 2421}]
ZoteroPane resource://zotero-voyant-export-at-corajr-dot-com/lib/ui.js:41:12
doExport@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://zotero-voyant-export-at-corajr-dot-com/lib/exporter.js:72:17

[JavaScript Error: "Discarding invalid field 'seriesTitle' for type 3 for item 1/null"]

[JavaScript Error: "Discarding invalid field 'DOI' for type 3 for item 1/null"]

[JavaScript Error: "Discarding invalid field 'seriesTitle' for type 3 for item 1/null"]

[JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]

version => 5.0.60, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.14, locale => zh-CN, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.60, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.60, extension), Zotero Word for Mac Integration (5.0.17.SA.5.0.60, extension), Zotero Voyant Export (0.0.4, extension)
  • I'm afraid you'll need to debug this yourself. Zotero should work as long as there's a proper network connection on the system, using the system proxy settings. See Connection Error.
  • network.proxy.type=0 instead of 5. It worked.
  • Note that that disables using a proxy altogether, so some functions (e.g., downloading PDFs, saving webpage snapshots, etc.) might not work if you need to go through the VPN for those.