Generating bibliography

I have not been using Zotero standalone for a while. When I restarted doing it, it requested a password, which I provided. It did not accept the password. After trying again, it still would not accept it. I then changed the password. It seems that it accepted the new password but I kept receiving the message that I was not logged in, therefore cold not sync. After many, many attempts, I gave up. Then I started Zotero from firefox. It finally accepted to be logged in. However, when I do a right click to generate a bibliography, I no longer see any reference to creating a bibliography. The right-click menu gives me several options such as "Open link in new tab", or "Open link in new window" or "Save link", etc. No reference to generating a bibliography from selected collection as before. What happened? How can I generate my bibliography? I also noticed that I can generate a bibliography through "cite" but the selection of styles is much smaller. Thanks for any help.
  • You're looking at the website version of the library-- to have full functionality, you'll need to get Zotero Standalone to sync and things will work the way you're used to.

Hard to say what the problem is/was with syncing, but if you're sure it's not the password, have you tried with your e-mail address instead of the username in the username field (they're interchangeable, but still might help).
  • Sorry, this is a big confusion. If I try to sync with standalone, it will say that my password is wrong. If, still in standalone, I try to change the password, it will send me the Zotero website. After changing the password, it will allow me to login into the Zotero web version. However, this version does not have full functionality. If I try to access the standalone version with the new password, it will not recognize it. Big problem!
  • Did you do what I suggested?
    if you're sure it's not the password, have you tried with your e-mail address instead of the username in the username field? (they're interchangeable, but still might help).
  • Yes, I tried both. What is interesting is that the new password works perfectly well in the web version of Zotero. However, does not matter what I do, it does not accept the password in the standalone version. Is it possible that it is blocked?
  • I have to say also that I am working in another country with a different local network. I thought that this could not be the cause as it would defeat the international functionality of the system. But... we never know!
  • Are you still having trouble? From the looks of it, you created a new account and are syncing with that. I don't see any recent login failures from Zotero 5 for the account you're posting from. (If you still had Zotero 4, that wouldn't have sync anymore, though it should've given you a different error.)
  • Yes, I created a new account as I could not recover the previous one. Problem solved. Thanks
  • You have items synced to this account, though, and you would definitely be able to access it with the correct username and password.
  • Thank you for your help. I have successfully migrated to a different Zotero standalone account and it works satisfactorily. Thanks again.
  • Problem solved!