Syncing problems

Report ID 1196886897

I am consistently getting synching problems (Parameter 1 is undefined [QUERY: SELECT itemID FROM items WHERE libraryID=? AND key=?]) with my database almost all the time (the red exclamation mark icon next to the synch button on my local Zotero client (on a Mac MBP OSX 10.14). We have an 'unlimited' cloud account with you folks and we have a significantly large library of our publications (and other pubs). We do have a number of Group Libraries as well that are shared among staff (who are also adding to those libraries). This makes everyone quite nervous, needless to say... Not sure what else I can provide re: tech info ...
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that triggers that error?
  • (And there's a good chance that restarting Zotero would fix it, but a Debug ID before you do so would be helpful so we can try to figure out what caused this in the first place.)
  • Where does the debug ID number show up?
  • I linked to instructions.
  • whups, sry, missed that ... okay, here's the ID: D997882141
  • Are you still seeing this after restarting Zotero?
  • edited March 8, 2019
    HI -- yes, problems seem to persist: Pretty much whenever I do a sync, I get the exclamation mark notice.

And, possibly related, Group members of the "CGS Main Library" group that I created are not seeing all the updated content of the shared group library (items that have been put there by myself, even up to a month or more ago). The library looks fine on my local Zotero client, but is missing many whole sub-collections (i.e., the "CGS_Pubs_Series collection has only 7 individual items in it, but my local version contains 11 sub-collections with several hundred items total in them). When I look at the Library from my account on zotero.org, I also see the same limited content. So, clearly there is an ongoing problem with my local client library and that group library synching. The most recent sync log is filed under this number; 1957411975. Any assistance is welcome!
  • OK, can you install the latest Zotero beta and generate another Debug ID for this with that?

After that, could you make a backup of the zotero.sqlite file in your Zotero data directory and check your database integrity from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences?
  • okay, did the install, and it seems the synch is at least partially working, but did get an error return (#429869614) ...
  • Still getting the Red Exclamation Marks on sync - #116059561 - Where I can never be sure about the synching process between some shared libraries and our main library.
  • We'd still want a Debug ID for a sync attempt where this happens (though it can now be from the release version — no need to use the beta). Those are Report IDs.
  • You also don't say if you checked your database integrity.