Zotfile error: password protected file?

I've run into an error and could use some help. When I try to extract annotations, I receive the error "Zotfile was unable to extract all annotations because pdf.js does not support certain pdf standards yet. Please see the JavaScript Error Console for more details." Below is what I got from the console. I note that the problem might be that the file is password protected. If I have the password is there a way to get it to run, or is there a workaround I can use? Many thanks for your help!

[JavaScript Error: "error opening PDF: C:\Users\lindquit\Zotero\storage\DYHXCVHC\Davies, Shaun_OCR.pdf PasswordException: No password given" {file: "chrome://zotfile/content/pdfextract/extract.js" line: 15}]
logError@chrome://zotfile/content/pdfextract/extract.js:15:7
onSuccess/<@chrome://zotfile/content/pdfextract/extract.js:40:13

[JavaScript Error: "formatURLPref: Couldn't get pref: extensions.getAddons.link.url" {file: "resource://gre/components/nsURLFormatter.js" line: 143}]
uf_formatURLPref@resource://gre/components/nsURLFormatter.js:143:7
gListView.initialize@chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js:2735:9
gViewController.initialize@chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js:709:7
initialize@chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js:211:3

version => 5.0.60, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.60, extensions => ZotFile (5.0.9, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.60, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.11.SA.5.0.60, extension), Shockwave Flash (31.0.0.153, plugin)
  • If you want to keep the file password protected then no, there's no solution.

If you're OK with removing the password, you should be able to do that, given that you have the password.
  • Thanks for your response! If the file's not originally mine, is there a way to do that?
  • With the password, you should be able to do that in Acrobat under File --> Properties --> Security

There are also various online tools that will remove restrictions on acrobat files