Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

Hi,

I keep on getting this error. I cannot add any citation since yesterday. If I tried, the word file disappear and get a message like this"
"
Zotero experienced an error updating your document.
The remote procedure call failed.
[insertFieldRaw:d:\users\build\cygwin\home\build\zotero-word-for-windows-integration\build\zoterowinwordintegration\document.cpp]
"
Thanks,
Daya
PS: Zotero Error Report submitted:

"

[JavaScript Error: "The remote procedure call failed.
[insertFieldRaw:d:\users\build\cygwin\home\build\zotero-word-for-windows-integration\build\zoterowinwordintegration\document.cpp]"]

[JavaScript Error: "The RPC server is unavailable.
[cleanup:d:\users\build\cygwin\home\build\zotero-word-for-windows-integration\build\zoterowinwordintegration\document.cpp]"]

[JavaScript Error: "The remote procedure call failed.
[insertFieldRaw:d:\users\build\cygwin\home\build\zotero-word-for-windows-integration\build\zoterowinwordintegration\document.cpp]"]

[JavaScript Error: "The RPC server is unavailable.
[cleanup:d:\users\build\cygwin\home\build\zotero-word-for-windows-integration\build\zoterowinwordintegration\document.cpp]"]

version => 5.0.60, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.60, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.60, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.11.SA.5.0.60, extension)

"

REport ID: 486914450
  • Do you happen to have the Word file saved in OneDrive?
  • Not Onedrive, but I am working on a file on Dropbox. Does it affect?
  • It really shouldn't, but could you test? Make a copy of the file, place it outside Dropbox, see if you can add a citation there.
  • I tried a couple of cases:
    1. Copied the file in my PC (without synchronizing in Dropbox): Still the same issue
    2. I tried copying already cited one citation. I pasted that to a new place where I wanted to add a new citation. Then I can replace the old citation with the new one.

I don't know what is the issue. I didn't have this problem until yesterday. Another issue I started getting now is
    "
    Citation/Bibliography is wrongly placed index area, please delete the placed citation/bibliography in index area.
    "
    This message always pops when I open the word file. I tried checking in new word file by adding a citation. Then the message starts popping up.

Any clue for this one?

Thanks,
    Daya
  • Do you have Mendeley installed as well? That latter error message is not something that Zotero can produce.
  • I uninstalled and reinstalled the Zotero desktop app, It is now working.

Thank you for your assistance.

Daya