Error updating document

I am using zotero in google documents. When adding new references (I am up to 368 references) zotero is slow and the following message pops up:

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.
HTTP request to https://script.googleapis.com/v1/scripts/1yB-M2ynZPu5fDKJW96sCvNTenn9VRRgJi1e-b_Kq6TJjMs_F2rdxXK30:run rejected with status 500

How can I fix this? I need add another ~50-100 references.
  • I downloaded beta version. But now the error message is:

CSL error
    TypeError: this.registry.citationreg.citationById[c[0]] is undefined citationID=NpFNwSPt
    noteIndex=0
    at array citationsPost index 141, from citation at document position 0

Please note - technology is not my strong suit so please give me step-by-step instructions. TIA!
  • Could you produce a Debug ID from Zotero?

1. In the Zotero Help menu, go to Debug Output Logging and select Enable.
    2. Refresh the tab with the Google Doc and perform the operation that causes this error.
    3. Before doing anything else, return to Help → Debug Output Logging and click Submit Output, which will disable logging and submit the output to zotero.org. A window should pop up containing a Debug ID. Click “Copy to Clipboard” and paste the Debug ID into this forum thread.
  • Could you download the Zotero Connector Beta for Firefox and run the procedure again? This version should show more details on the error that you get.
  • Ok I did that - this is the new Debug ID D523366942
  • As suspected, it's just an nondescript Google Docs error, which indicates corruption in the document. You should make a copy of this document and try step 8 of debugging broken documents instructions.
  • Very interesting: I copied the document, refreshed, deleted half and no errors came up. Deleted the other half and again no errors. Then I returned to the original document and refreshed - no errors. It all seems to be working fine now without having to delete any bugs? I can also continue adding citations without any errors. Thank you for your help!
  • Make sure that the citations in both halves of the document are still active. If they are, you should be fine. Seem like an intermittent google bug.