Single citation with 5 authors abbreviated to et al. on first mention

I am using Zotero 5.0.60 in MS Word for Mac 16.18, using APA style.

I have an in-text citation with multiple first-time citations. One of them has 5 authors, but Zotero is abbreviating it to "et al." already. I do not see this problem with other 5-author citations, so in general Zotero is correctly applying the rules of APA. In fact, in the same citation chain, there is another 5-author citation that is being cited correctly.

Current citation:

(Barresi, Nicholas, Connor, Obler, & Albert, 2000; Goral et al., 2007).

Should be:

(Barresi, Nicholas, Connor, Obler, & Albert, 2000; Goral, Spiro, Albert, Obler, & Connor, 2007).

This citation occurs on page 5 of my document, and there are no instances of Goral before this one (not even other papers).

I removed the last author in the Zotero entry (so that it was listing 4 authors) and refreshed my citation, and it still showed Goral et al., 2007. I also edited the citation chain, removed the Goral citation, saved it, edited the citation to add Goral back, and it again is cited as Goral et al., 2007. This citation is cited on more time (later, on page 27) and is also cited as Goral et al., 2007 (which is correct).

Why is this one citation going against the APA guidelines of displaying all 5 authors at first mention when other citations are correctly following it?