CANT UNINSTALL ZOTERO PLUG IN from mac word version 16.16.5

edited January 10, 2019
Can someone help?

I uninstall Zotero from the computer but the plugin still there.
There is an error and i need to reinstall it, but i need to erase it

Thank you

Adelina
  • You need to remove Zotero.dotm from the Word startup path https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_manual_installation#word_for_mac_2016_and_2019

If you are having a Zotero related problems reinstalling is almost never going to fix anything, but if you describe your problem we can try helping.
  • Thank you for your answer I should have started by doing this.

I dont´ know now what I did but I DELETED everything that says ZOTERO from the FINDER

Because every time that I touched a reference from a word document, WORD would FREEZE and I should force to quit WORD and loose all my work.

Then I though to DELETE everything and reinstall it :(

I did it but the plugin still there.

• Because every time that I touched a reference from a word document, WORD would FREEZE and I should force to quit WORD and loose all my work.
    Touch as in simply selecting a citation with the cursor, or do you mean somehow interacting with the Zotero plugin? The plugin doesn't run at all except when you press one of the toolbar buttons, so if you're seeing problems at other times, that's a Word problem, not a Zotero problem. The plugin simply inserts standard Word fields.

Could you clarify what you mean?
  • Hello,

Touching as in simply selecting a citation with the cursor.
    I think i found the problem and i Solved it.

Word had an update and I think something happened with the plug in connection :/
    im not really sure.

now its working fine again.

Adelina
  • Do you know if the same process applies to office for windows 7 x64? I removed zotero and all related data and plugin is still there crashing my word (365)

• Hello,

I reinstalled zotero and fix manually the "connections" to the plugin and it worked,

My theory is that before everything I had an update of word and the plugin lost the connection or something. maybe you can try by installing zotero again and manually install the plug in.

https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_manual_installation

Im sorry im very rudimentary in my terms, good luck

ADelina