1findr/1science

Has anybody ever looked at this? Please also check out the comparison between the free and the institutional version here. Would be quite cool if we could get full-text versions of academic articles into Zotero that way (through Zotero - either through COinS or through the DOI...) 

• We can definitely look at importing from there. They have excellent data (even in Zotero RDF format), but it's very heavy on the javascript, so not sure how easy to get to yet.

I'd be very surprised if this finds many OA PDFs that Zotero doesn't already get through unpaywall, though, so I don't think it'll add much on that end.
  • We can definitely look at importing from there. They have excellent data (even in Zotero RDF format), but it's very heavy on the javascript, so not sure how easy to get to yet.
    Thanks for looking into this! And please let us know if you manage to make it work.
    I'd be very surprised if this finds many OA PDFs that Zotero doesn't already get through unpaywall, though, so I don't think it'll add much on that end.

I'm not so sure - does anybody know? See here, for instance. 

• No, (although as a pure numbers game, Unpaywall has >20 OA million articles, 1findr just over 1 million) but also, as Jason points out in the article you link to, Unpaywall is an open service with a free API, 1findr isn't, so this likely wouldn't be a scalable solution for Zotero to use anyway.