File Sync problem

I moved to bingodisk after we could not synchronize our files using Mydisk.se anymore. I find that the syncronisation works fine now, except that only new files are placed on the bingodisk server and none of the old files that used to reside on mydisk.se has been moved to bingodisk.

I tried to reset the synchronization by using the “Resote to Zotero” functionality, but to no avail.

How do I “reset” the file synchronization so that all files goes to the new storage?
  • I think you are looking for the "Reset Storage History" item in the main menu. That seems to make your local zotero database treat every stored file as if it has never been synchronized before.
  • I have been having exactly the same problem. Also on bingodisk so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

As fredbacon says you can "reset storage history" each time you log onto the other computer and it will then re-download all stored files. A bit of a pain though as it takes a while and you have to tell it whether to keep local or server version for each file.

Do let me know if you find a solution.

Also is there anyone out there using bingodisk that file sync works fine for? or anyone not using bingodisk who is having the same problem/
  • EdF: Which problem? The two posts above refer to moving to a new WebDAV server and needing to re-upload files. It sounds like you're describing a different problem, in which case you should find a relevant existing thread or start a new one.
  • yes maybe it is... but just getting hopeful that someone else may have similar problem as I have posted to relevant existing threads but to no avail.

I find Zotero v useful but frustrating the file sync does not work for me, thought it might have something to do with the server...
  • Then feel free to post a follow-up in a thread you've already posted to, but this thread is unrelated.