Wrong Filename and item name when importing a PDF

I have a PDF file that contains proceedings for a 2018 conference, the 15th instance. When I import it into Zotero, The item is called by the wrong name, and the FILE is misnamed as well. In both cases, it claims to be the procedings for the 3rd instance of this conference, from 2006.

Thus, I am Drag-and-dropping a file called :
"USENIX Association - 2018- Proceedings of the 15th Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation.pdf" into Zotero,

and the result is Zotero constains a file called :
"USENIX Association - 2006 - Proceedings of the 3rd Symposium on Networked Syst"

I am guessing that the file has some wrong Metadata in it somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it. Any advice on how to fix it, or at least force zotero to let me rename the item and it's container?
  • or at least force zotero to let me rename the item and it's container?
    You can edit the parent item the same way you would edit any other item in Zotero: by clicking on fields the right-hand pane. You can then right-click on the attachment and choose "Rename File from Parent Metadata". (You can also click the attachment title in the right-hand pane to edit it manually, but that's not necessary.)

As for why you're getting the wrong data, it's using the ISBN on the first page, 978-1-931971-43-0, and two of our sources of ISBN metadata — WorldCat and GBV — have the 3rd Symposium for that ISBN. (In this case we're getting it from the latter.) You'd get the same result if you entered that ISBN into Add Item by Identifier. I'm not sure why they have this wrong, but @zuphilip may have some idea.
  • > As for why you're getting the wrong data, it's using the ISBN on the first page, 978-1-931971-43-0, and two of our sources of ISBN metadata — WorldCat and GBV — have the 3rd Symposium for that ISBN.

You can find both proceedings with this ISBN in the GBV catalogue https://gso.gbv.de/DB=2.1/SET=1/TTL=1/CMD?ACT=SRCHA&IKT=1016&SRT=YOP&TRM=9781931971430 . This is either a cataloguing error or an error on the publisher's side (yes, sometimes they are recycling the same ISBN for different books, sight). Someone would need to check the physical copy at the TIB in Hannover to be sure.