Microsoft Word Zotero addin currently installed but does not show up in Word

Hi,
I have a new Microsoft Surface 2 computer (Win 10) with Office 365 installed as well as Zotero. However, the Zotero citation tab does not appear in Word. I have reinstalled it from Zotero Preferences, but still no show.
Everything else about Zotero appears to be working fine.
What can I try next?
Report ID 1108298550

Ken Coghill
  • If you installed Office from the MS app store, you may need to follow the manual installation instructions. (The next version of Zotero should handle the different Word startup directory location automatically.)
  • Thank you for that answer.
    I have followed the instructions in Manual Install and found both the startup and Zotero.dotm paths, but any attempt to copy Zotero.dotm by any means - ribbon copy command, keyboard copy shortcut, or copy to new file makes File Explorer hang.
    If there is no other way you know of to add the Zotero template to Word, how long to the next version of Zotero?
  • but any attempt to copy Zotero.dotm by any means - ribbon copy command, keyboard copy shortcut, or copy to new file makes File Explorer hang
    That suggests some other problem on your system that you'll need to resolve — if you can't copy files manually outside of Zotero then the problem isn't in Zotero and won't be fixed by a Zotero upgrade. I'd guess that security software is interfering, so you might look into that first.