Problem with style tapuscrit (note, franch) - CSL style Error

Hello

I have a problem with the style "le tapuscrit (note, french)". When I try to integrate a reference to a magazine it puts me the phrase "CSL STYLE ERROR: reference with no printed form". How to fix this problem ?

Thanks for your help.

• What version of Zotero are you running?
  • 5.0.52 I think.
  • this style doesn't have article-magazine defined at all, hence the error.
    How does it need to look as per the guidelines?
  • first name, last name, article title, magazine title, date, magazine number, page

Can I add a article-magazine reference to the style tapuscrit? how can I do that?
  • Right click, save as, install in Zotero: https://github.com/POBrien333/styles/raw/2604b21610237cd6df952116b937ffce0229e049/le-tapuscrit-note.csl

Let me know what's not correct in the style of "current" vs "wanted" with an example citation.
  • I wrote the original style but have not got the styleguide on me atm. I can check this evening, but I suspect if I did not define magazine article, it is because the styleguide does not specify it...
  • OK. I've started a PR here: https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/pull/3605
    If you want you can let me know the changes or just submit another PR and I'll close mine. Thanks :)
  • Thanks, I installed your new style and it works perfectly in bibliography. But, in the footpage note, I always have the sentence "CSL STYLE ERROR: reference with no printed form"

In the Zotero's style editor, I see that (It's the french version of Zotero) :

Citation(s) individuelle(s)
    [CSL STYLE ERROR: reference with no printed form.].
    Citation unique (en position "first")
    [CSL STYLE ERROR: reference with no printed form.].
    Bibliographie
    Heintjes Tom, « Comic book sales: DC down, Marvel up, according to 1984 ABC figures », The Comics Journal, juillet 1985, no 100, juill. 1985 p. 21‑22.

• Citation(s) individuelle(s) = footpage note
  • It works! Thanks a lot!

• Hello !
    I have the same problem but I don't understand how and where to save in zotero.
    Could you help me please ?
  • You can just download/install it here (or within Zotero): https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=le-tapuscrit-note
  • edited October 1, 2018
    Thanks but I have the same problem than before...
    [CSL STYLE ERROR: reference with no printed form.]

I have read your answer to someone else but I don't understand how to apply the changes
    of the new style you offered...
  • What item type are you trying to cite and what fields have you got filled in?
  • I try to cite a book and I have all the fields filled in. But when I want to cite and have a note, it gives me the message [CSL STYLE ERROR: reference with no printed form.]
    Maybe I do something wrong...
  • Please specify all the fields and with what content (or give me a link where to get the citation from), so I can crosstest this.
  • Jauss Hans Robert, Pour une esthétique de la réception, préf. de Jean Starobinski, s.l., Gallimard (coll. « Tel »), 1990, 336 p.
  • Again, please specify the fields and where the data is in.
  • I found it !
    I had to restart Word and Zotero and now it's working ! Thanks !
  • Hi,
    I have the same kind of problem when trying to cite an archive document ("CSL STYLE ERROR: reference with no printed form") - type of document = "document" and then I precised the author and the kind of archive it is in the form - could someone explain to me how to create a new style in the tapuscrit?

Thanks for you help.
  • What version of Zotero are you using?
  • This one : 5.0.58
  • Could you tell me what I could do to resolve the problem? Thanks!
  • I have the issue with 2 document types : "TV program" and "Document"
  • Okay, that indicates that the style just isn’t set up to work with CSL “broadcast” or “article” types. In general, I recommend you avoid using Document. What are you using that type for?

What should a reference to a TV broadcast look like?
  • Hello, I'm using "Document" for archive documents which correspond to no other types (some are a mix of correspondence and reports under the same archive reference, some are minutes of meetings...). Maybe it would be good to add a document type named "Archive document"?

Concerning the TV Broadcast, I've indicated the title of the precise broadcast I'm citing, the producers, the title of the (generic) program, the date and it would be good to have the TV channel name too.

• I wrote the style - the problem is that IIRC the style guide gives no indication as to how any other item types should be cited. I have a copy at home and can check when I get home.
  • @FHeimburger I would recommend designing your style to work in a general way for a variety of item types (e.g., to print the authors and titles for all items, as those are typically required). Where the guide doesn't provide specific guidance, you can generally adapt the style specified for journal articles, book chapters, or books to reach a reasonable citation form.
  • “Document” is mapped to CSL “article”, which isn’t widely supported by styles at this time. I would recommend Letter, Manuscript, or Report for such materials as appropriate. You can enter Archive information for all of these.