reference list issue

hi,
suddenly my whole reference list got missed from my word document while editing the document, although its taking the new reference seq but list is not shown.
please tell how to get that list back in word document file.

kindly help
  • If you or someone else edited this document with LibreOffice, Google Docs or other non-Office word processor, the citation fields will have disappeared. You will need to revert to a version of the document prior to this edit.
  • You may have deleted or not yet inserted the bibliography. If so, then just place the cursor where you want to the Bibliography to go and click Add/Edit Bibliography in the Zotero tab. If the bibliography says something like "Bibliography is not shown because automatic updates are disabled", then click the Refresh button to update all of your citations and display the bibliography.
  • more than 150 reference list was there. I have not deleted anything.
    even now its showing error while giving reference in anyother document.

Can I be able to get my reference list as per the numbering given in my paper?
    please help
  • Ok. Let's slow down here. The error you are seeing is "Attempting to generate bibliography without having updated processor items", right? Begin by restarting Zotero.

1. If you open a new document, insert a citation and try to add a bibliography, does that work?
    2. Do you have an earlier version of the document that you know worked? Does it still work now?
    3. In the current document, can you insert new citations? After inserting those, if you try to add/edit the bibliography does it work?
  • in the previous document the list came where i clicked to add a bibliography, but in the new document its showing error for processor and without loaded citation...why?
  • Please answer all questions above as precisely as possible. It will help to figure out why it doesn't work.
  • ok at this moment..
    1. No
    2.yes
    3. its now working in current document but not like previously, but still i got my all list. yes
  • So you're all set or is there a problem remaining? Not quite sure I understand the answer to 3.
  • for new document its an issue.
    For current its done.
    can you tell one more thing..if I have to delete the one reference, then how can I do that so that the number in the documents, as well as the listed reference, got deleted once or have to do that separately in both places?
  • So when you open a new document, insert one citation, then click on "Add bibliography" you receive an error?

If you delete a reference and click the "Refresh" button in the Zotero Word toolbar, it will update the bibliography (i.e. remove that item in the bibliography). Does that answer the question?
  • and how to know about the duplicate references by Zotero or need to check manually?
  • sorry, I don't understand the question, which duplicate references? You didn't mention any duplicate references before.
  • for new document its showing error for bibliography

i.e. if any references got listed twice ..because if it saved in different libraries and got listed separately ...then can I know this automatically? otherwise, I will take care for not saving the same paper in different libraries.
  • @adomasven will need to look at the error for the new bibliography. Could you provide an error report (here in this thread, no need for a new one) for triggering that error in a new document)?

Sorry, Zotero can't check for duplicates citations from different libraries, so you would indeed need to do that manually.
  • Report ID from the other thread was 2113822079
    [JavaScript Error: "Integration.Session.editBibliography: called without loaded citations" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 1771}]
  • @puja86 could you comfirm that the above error message is what you get when trying to insert a bibliography in a document? Also, could you post what operating system version (e.g. Windows 10) and word processor (e.g. Word 365) you use?