Zotero plug-in for TextMaker (Free office)

Hi! Is it possible to install the zotero plug-in in textmaker and/or WPS Office? I already installed it for Open Office but i don't really like Open office. Hope you can help me
Thanks

Marco
  • (Note that you need to use LibreOffice, not OpenOffice to work with Zotero.)

This almost certainly won’t happen given the small user base of these programs compared to the massive amount of work it would take to build such a plugin. If these programs can save as ODF (the open office format), you can insert citations using the ODF Scan plugin and then do just the final citation formatting in LibreOffice.
  • He got it to work in Open Office???
    I HAVE to work in O.O. to be able to use Dragon-voice-to-text program (I'm a writer),
    But I can't get it to work in LibreOffice at all - which is a much better program to me.
    In fact, ONLY Version 4.2 of O.O. works with Dragon. None of Libre. :-(
  • edited December 14, 2018
    Support for OpenOffice is not coming. OpenOffice has all but been abandoned by Apache, most users and developers by this point have switched to LibreOffice which is being well maintained and updated. You should try to reach out to Dragon developers.
  • Hi Adomasven,
    Tried that, my only hope is that somewhere out there there must be a way to use Dragon and Zotero together in something beyond MSWord.
    Open Office only works with Dragon in ancient O.O. 4.2!
    My problem for years has been with Nuance - the owners of Dragon - who are infamous for lack of support or sensible development. BUT I need Voice-2-Text and Dragon is it as far as I've found. :-(
  • As adomasven says, development of OpenOffice is basically dead, and Zotero won't be supporting it. If you want to use Dragon with Zotero in your word processor, I recommend you either (1) switch to Word or Google Docs, (2) contact the developers at Nuance (who can address the real issue here—Dragon not supporting the modern open source word processor), or (3) work in OpenOffice using the Zotero ODF Scan Plugin to insert placeholder citations, then use LibreOffice only for final formatting.
  • A note from 2022: Softmaker Office 2021 can now integrate "Zotero plugin for LibreOffice".