Style request: Neuropsychopharmacology (new format)

Hi all,

Neuropsychopharmacology, a high impact neuroscience journal, recently changed their referencing format (see new reference style here): https://media.nature.com/full/nature-assets/npp/npp_gta.pdf

It would be wonderful if some kind person here could create a new style file for technically unsophisticated people such as myself! Here are some examples of the referencing format (the URL above gives the full rules):

Journal. Knowles EE, Kent JW Jr, McKay DR, Sprooten E,
Mathias SR, Curran JE, et al. Genome-wide linkage on
chromosome 10q26 for a dimensional scale of major
depression. J Affect Disord. 2016;191:123–31.

Book. Relman RS, Wilson JS, Franks LF. Fundamentals of
neuropsychopharmacology. 3rd ed. CRC Press: Boca Raton,
FL; 1997.

Chapter in edited book. Mully AG Jr. Equity and variability in
modern health care. In: Andersen TF, Mooney G, editors. The
challenges of medical practice variations. New York: Palgrave;
1990. p. 145–286.

Many thanks!!
  • Can you point out the changes? (In the form before and after)
    That way it'll be faster to get this done.
  • Hi Damnation,

Thanks for your reply. The new ref style is so different from the old one that I'm not sure it'll really help much to start with by editing the old file. I say that because two things have changed 1) the formatting of the references at the end of manuscript in terms of how author, year, journal, etc. are listed and 2) the style of the text citations.

The new in text citation style is numbered refs (e.g., [1], [2-3]) and references at the end listed in order their appear in text. Originally, their citation style was (Author year) and then the refs listed alphabetically like this:

Acosta-Rodriguez EV, Napolitani G, Lanzavecchia A, Sallusto F (2007). Interleukins 1beta and 6 but not transforming growth factor-beta are essential for the differentiation of interleukin 17-producing human T helper cells. Nat Immunol 8: 942–949.

Alano CC, Kauppinen TM, Valls AV, Swanson RA (2006). Minocycline inhibits poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 at nanomolar concentrations. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103: 9685–9690.

*New* style is like this:

1. Mogenson GJ, Jones DL, Yim CY. From motivation to action: functional interface between the limbic system and the motor system. Prog Neurobiol. 1980;14:69–97.

2. Roesch MR, Bryden DW. Impact of size and delay on neural activity in the rat limbic corticostriatal system. Front Neurosci. 2011;7:130.
  • ok. that looks pretty standard a style. I'll look into it in the coming weeks.
  • edited December 15, 2018
    Hi @jfrohlich
    I finally got around creating the style.
    New style now on the repository: https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=id:neuropsychopharmacology or available via update in Zotero.