Big problem with Word for Mac

Report ID: 52578289

All my (numerous) Word documents using Zotero data are no more updated correctly with the following error:

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.
The operation couldn't be completed (OSStatus error -1728 @{setTextraw:field.m:436}.

Even my oldest Word files are corrupted.

Word version: microsoft word for Mac 16.16.4 (188810)
  • edited December 10, 2018
    What version of Mojave is this? If you're not yet running 10.14.2, upgrade and see if that helps. Mojave requires you to grant Zotero permission to control Word, but that was very buggy in the initial versions of Mojave.

If upgrading doesn't help, go to System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Automation, see if Zotero appears with Microsoft Word under it, and, if so, make sure that Microsoft Word is checked.
  • @lacombe Check for Word updates first. See whether inserting citations that do not include any non-English latin characters in author names and titles work. See whether it works right in a new doc.
  • Thank you for your answer.

However nothing is working properly.
    I use Mojave 10.14.1 and I checked in security and Privacy that Zoero appeared under Word and Word was checked.

In Word n,o non-English latin character;
    And after creating a new doc, I also failed when inserting a new zotero field with the same OSStatus error 1728.

This is the way my old Word text (March 2018) looks like:
    Bodipy","journalAbbreviation":"Chem. Soc. Rev.","language":"en","author":[{"family":"Zhao","given":"Jianzhang"},{"family":"Xu","given":"Kejing"},{"family":"Yang","given":"Wenbo"},{"family":"Wang","given":"Zhijia"},{"family":"Zhong","given":"Fangfang"}],"issued":{"date-parts":[["2015",11,30]]}}}],"schema":"https://github.com/citation-style-language/schema/raw/master/csl-citation.json"}
  • Upgrade to 10.14.2 to see if that helps.