Zotero no longer working for anything.

Attempting to do anything (add/edit citation, add/edit bibliography, change document preferences, unlink citations) results in the following error:

--

Zotero

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

Too many changes applied before saving document. Please save changes in smaller batches using Document.saveAndClose(), then reopen the document with Document.openById().

--

Asking co-authors now if I am able to share document with you (it's a scientific paper). I attempted to download the beta version to fix the problem, but it did not help.
  • What word processor and operating system are you using? What version of Zotero and your word processing program?
  • Mac, Firefox, Google Docs, Zotero Beta and Zotero Connector Beta for Firefox... I know the last two are current fully-updated versions as of two days ago, and I'm 90% sure that the operating system and browser are both fully-updated (not at workplace at present, can confirm around 1-2pm today).
  • Operating system:
    macOS Mojave 10.14.1, mac mini (late 2012), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Browser:
    Firefox Quantum 63.0.3 (64-bit)

Word processor:
    Google Docs

Zotero Version:
    Zotero Beta, current
    Zotero Connector Beta for Firefox, current
  • Can you please submit an Error Report ID from the Zotero Help menu?
  • Could you produce a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector?

1. Open the Zotero Connector preferences
    2. In the Advanced tab of the Zotero Connector preferences, check the box next to “Enable Logging.” Do not close this tab.
    3. In the tab with Google Docs perform the action that causes this error.
    4. Go back to the Advanced tab of the Zotero Connector preferences, uncheck "Enable Logging" and click Submit to Zotero Server.
    5. You will be provided with a Debug ID (e.g., “D12345678”). Please post the Debug ID in this thread.
  • Error Report ID: 1205683495
  • The debug log does not contain you performing a failing operation. It seems that your had Zotero closed on your computer. You need to have Zotero open and perform the operation in Google Docs that causes the error you described above to occur
  • D2073424367

Also, it takes a very long time before the error message appears in the Google Doc. The red bar is still cranking away.
  • The {Updating} field was still there in the Google Doc and hadn't been replaced with the desired citation.
  • Error Report ID: 298335727
  • This debug ID is submitted with a non-beta version of Zotero Connector. You need to use the beta version and give it time. We've fixed this bug in the beta, and the fix makes subsequent updates faster, but the initial one can take a fairly long time -- over an hour is possible.