Why Are Snapshots Only Saving The Login Screen And Not The Content?

I just noticed that Zotero stopped saving snapshots of the Moodle pages at my University. Instead when I'm logged in and save a page from one of my classes or a forum discussion the snapshot ends up recreating the login screen rather than saving the content behind it on the page that I'm asking it to save. This was working as I have saved many of these pages in the past but something has changed and I don't know what. I tried it on Chrome and Firefox with the same results.
  • Could you produce a Debug ID from Zotero?

1. In the Zotero Help menu, go to Debug Output Logging and select Enable.
    2. Reload the page you are trying to save in your web browser, wait for it to load, then click the Zotero Connector button and wait for the save to complete.
    3. Before doing anything else, return to Help → Debug Output Logging and click Submit Output, which will disable logging and submit the output to zotero.org. A window should pop up containing a Debug ID. Click “Copy to Clipboard” and paste the Debug ID into this forum thread.
  • There was a Zotero sync running when you produced this Debug ID. Could you produce another Debug ID for the page save when Zotero is not syncing?
  • Anyone looking at this?
  • Sorry for taking a while. When was the last time this worked properly?
  • edited December 12, 2018
    @shstange A fix for this is now available in the Zotero Beta. Do report if you see any other issues with snapshots.
  • Last time it worked was the end of September, but I was travelling in October and didn't use it again until November when I discovered the issue.

I don't do Beta versions. When will this "fix" be rolled out to us regular users?
  • It’s included in 5.0.59, which was released last week.