MS Word 365 v16.0 breaks Zotero Word for Windows Integration

After Word auto updated the Zotero Word for Windows Integration does not work. The following error, no document open appears. I have tried to reinstall the add-on says that no such product is installed. I think that this is a compatibility issue.
  • What's the exact version of Word you have?

What's the exact, full error you're receiving?

Are you using a document stored in OneDrive or on your local hard drive?
  • The document is stored in one drive.

The exact error occurs when clicking adds edit citation: This command is not available because no document is open. [getDocument:document.ccp].\

Word version: Office 365 MSO (16.0.11001.20097) 32-bit
  • You either need to save the document somewhere on your hard drive or use the Zotero Beta where this is fixed. The fix will be available in the next Zotero update.
  • Updated to beta: Still receiving errors.

[JavaScript Error: "This command is not available because no document is open. [getDocument:d:\users\build\cygwin\home\build\zotero-word-for-windows-integration\build\zoterowinwordintegration\document.cpp]"]

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: temp is null" {file: "chrome://global/content/bindings/preferences.xml" line: 1228}]
    getPreferenceElement@chrome://global/content/bindings/preferences.xml:1228:11
    userChangedValue@chrome://global/content/bindings/preferences.xml:1276:25
    onxblcommand@chrome://global/content/bindings/preferences.xml:1315:9

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: Could not remove C:\Users\dfsdf\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\Zotero.dotm"]

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: temp is null" {file: "chrome://global/content/bindings/preferences.xml" line: 1228}]
    getPreferenceElement@chrome://global/content/bindings/preferences.xml:1228:11
    userChangedValue@chrome://global/content/bindings/preferences.xml:1276:25
    onxblcommand@chrome://global/content/bindings/preferences.xml:1315:9

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: Could not remove C:\Users\Bruce\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\Zotero.dotm"]

[JavaScript Error: "This command is not available because no document is open. [getDocument:d:\users\build\cygwin\home\build\zotero-word-for-windows-integration\build\zoterowinwordintegration\document.cpp]"]

version => 5.0.59-beta.3+223f582aa, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.59-beta.3+223f582aa, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.59-beta.3+223f582aa, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.10.SA.5.0.59-beta.3+223f582aa, extension)
  • What happens if you open Word and try using the integration in a blank document? What if you open your document from OneDrive and no other Word windows?
  • Still receiving the same error when not using google drive.
  • When will new update be available;e to the nonbeta version?
  • Are you seeing (1) "This command is not available because no document is open" or (2) "This command is not available because no document is open" now? You really shouldn't get (1) on blank documents and that indicates a bigger problem. What OS are you on? Have you tried restarting your computer? Did you install the Beta over your existing Zotero install?
  • Hey,

I had the same issue. It seems that you cannot use Zotero, when the "AutoSave" function of MS Office is enabled.

Just turn it off, use Zotero, and turn back on of needed afterwards :-)

In my case, I work on 2 PCs for University (so the AutoSave and OneDrive is just wonderful).

• @DennisVa That’s generally not the case. I use OneDrive and auto save extensively with Zotero. Can you start a new thread describing exactly what you are doing and what the error message is?