Un-merge or undo

I have merged about 8 items, is there any way to undo the last action or un-merge items again?
  • Using the duplicates merging tool? No, sorry, there's no way to undo that.
  • Although an old post, I'll ask this here:
    I have 2 items that are very similar (an article that is a comment to the other article), however, they are 2 different items.
    Zotero has marked them in the "duplicate items" folder, but I don't want to merge them. I have now changed all the Info (Metadata), Title of the pdf, etc multiple times to make the items clearly different, however Zotero still keeps the two items in the "duplicate items" folder, which is kind of distracting. I have restarted and synced Zotero several times since.

What am I missing? Thanks for your help and your great work
  • If the titles of the items (not PDFs) are different, then the duplicate detection is probably picking up that the items have the same DOI.

In general, I recommend you just ignore any “false positives” in the Duplicate Items field. The option to mark non-duplicates is planned.
  • edited November 26, 2018
    Thanks so much for your quick response.
    Of course it was my oversight (as usual)...as you correctly suspected, the DOI-Numbers were identical; (which in one case actually linked to the wrong article and shouldn't have been there in first place).
    I had changed just about everything else but that...duuhhh