File localization in "my library"

Hi !

I would like to know if it would be possible to have in the library a collumn-field which contains the collection-localization of the article.

This should come in usefull when browsing the whole library for articles not knowing which collection we have to take a look at.

Thank you very much for your attention.
  • Again Thanks a lot for your answer :)

The highlighting is so subtle, I don't think I would have found out by myself ^^
  • edited October 3, 2013
    Hi Again!

I must yet reiterate my suggestion of a column that would tel us where a file is located in the library.

In fact, the problem is that when you check your library for file redundancy, the CTRL - highlight thing does not work.

Knowing where the files are located would be really helpful to choose which one to suppress.

Regards,
    G.A.
  • edited October 3, 2013
    I think the best way to handle this would be to introduce another tab on the right hand side and have all collections displayed for a selected item. It would also make it easy to navigate to those collections or remove items from said collections.

Edit: One of the problems is that there is not a lot of space for another tab and currently Zotero does not handle overflow well.
  • Hi... I use Mac and I found handy the 'Option' key, thanks for the hint, but there are cases we need to sort by location file lives in, which is also pretty handy. And yes, to add 'Library' as column selection would be great!
  • @3ntangl3d: An item can belong to multiple collections, so it wouldn't make sense as a sortable column. If you want to see items that don't exist in any collection, you can use the Unfiled Items view for that.