Missing export for almost all locators from extra field

By CSL term <text variable="[locator name]"/> it is possible to export only the "volume" locator.

But, do I also have a chance to export all the other locators (verse, sub verbo, section, part, paragraph, page, opus, note, line, issue, folio, figure, column, chapter, book)?

Thanks in advance.
  • They're all handled by <text variable="locator"/>,. You can print the corresponding label using <label variable="locator"/> and you can test <if locator="section"> for any of the locators.

<text variable="volume"/> does not print the locator volume but a volume that's part of the item metadata only.
  • Just saw that you said "from Extra field" -- these are not meant to be part of item metadata. They belong to an individual citation, i.e. would typically be added using the word processor add-on.
  • Thanks a lot for your explanation. Now I do understand more. Does it mean that one can't cite a newspaper article like

Gaul G. When geography influences treatment options. Washington Post (Maryland Ed.). 2005 Jul 24;Sect. A:12 (col. 1). ?

This is an example from NLM style guide "Citing Medicine". https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK7256/pdf/Bookshelf_NBK7256.pdf
  • that's correct (though you could of course include (col. 1) in the page info)
  • Ok, thanks again!