How to remove the date in website-citations?

Hello, I'm writing my master thesis and I'm currently using Zotero.
When I cite a website (which doesn't have a date, only the date of the consultation), in my text I will have, for example: Wikipedia, n. d. (no date). My question is: when the data is not given, is it possible to sk
  • edited January 18, 2018
    This is controlled by the citation style. What style are you using? And do you want to just skip the date entirely or substitute the access date instead?
  • It depends on the citation style. It is often advisable to check and manually add publication or update dates for websites (e.g. APA style is very stringent on this). Some citation styles (like Chicago Manual) will use the access date instead of the published date if the latter doesn't exist.
  • Thanks for your answers!
    I'm actually using the APA style, and I don't want to skip the date for the sources with data given, I would skip the date for those without data (data not given)...I guess that's complicate, isn't it?
  • APA rules are quite clear that they want some sort of publication or update date if at all possible (e.g., check the page info or page source). If there is no date at all, APA also requires n.d. Be given instead. In my experience, publishers and instructors using APA tend to be very ornery about conforming to its rules, so I would recommend you leave the no date indicator as is (after trying to find some publication date if possible—for Wikipedia you should use the “last edited” date).

If you want to ignore the rule, I can tell you what to change.
  • Thank you @bwiernik, I will try to leave the n. d. or to find a solution for the publication with no date.

I cited many times an online-vocabulary (which is Treccani Online in my case, beacause I'm writing my thesis in italian), and since the website has no date and since I used many headwords of the same dictionary, Zotero cites it like this: the first one is Treccani Online, n. d., the second one Treccani Online n. d. -a, the third one Treccani Online, n. d. -b, and so on (to differentiate the sources). What I would like to do is to skip this...
  • For these types of citations, I would either just give the URL in text or cite the dictionary as a whole once and give the exact words you looked up as a list in an Appendix. Both would be acceptable APA style.
  • Good idea, thank you @bwiernik!
  • According to SBL manual of style 2nd edition, quotations of primary sources should look like this:

Sacr. 25

When I insert this through Zotero I get "Sacr. n.d. 25"

Any way to remove the "n.d."?