[Bug IEEE FRENCH] dots randomly showing between key and authors names

edited November 2, 2018
using Zotero 5.0.57, LibreOffice 6.0.4.2, W10 64 bits

The following biblio is shown :
[1]...T. B. A. Senior et J. L. Volakis, Approximate Boundary Conditions in Electromagnetics. IET, 1995.
[2]..M. Cessenat, Mathematical Methods in Electromagnetism: Linear Theory and Applications, vol. 41. WORLD SCIENTIFIC, 1996.
[3].O. Lafitte, « Diffraction in the high frequency regime by a thin layer of dielectric material I: The equivalent impedance boundary condition », SIAM J. Appl. Math., vol. 59, no 3, p. 1028‑1052, 1998.
[4]...............D. J. Hoppe et Y. Rahmat-Samii, Impedance boundary conditions in electromagnetics. Washington, DC: Taylor & Francis, 1995.
[5]O. Marceaux et B. Stupfel, « High-order impedance boundary conditions for multilayer coated 3-D objects », IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 48, no 3, p. 429‑436, 2000.

Why is there these dots that appears in a .odt file ? They appears in the resulting .pdf

Additional info : when pasted in Firefox, they translate as tabs/space, ex:
[1] T. B. A. Senior et J. L. Volakis, Approximate Boundary Conditions in Electromagnetics. IET, 1995.
[2] M. Cessenat, Mathematical Methods in Electromagnetism: Linear Theory and Applications, vol. 41. WORLD SCIENTIFIC, 1996.
[3] O. Lafitte, « Diffraction in the high frequency regime by a thin layer of dielectric material I: The equivalent impedance boundary condition », SIAM J. Appl. Math., vol. 59, no 3, p. 1028‑1052, 1998.
[4] D. J. Hoppe et Y. Rahmat-Samii, Impedance boundary conditions in electromagnetics. Washington, DC: Taylor & Francis, 1995.
[5] O. Marceaux et B. Stupfel, « High-order impedance boundary conditions for multilayer coated 3-D objects », IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 48, no 3, p. 429‑436, 2000.
  • And you're sure they're not just the formatting marks? E.g., they don't disappear when you click "Toggle Formatting Marks" (typically Ctrl+F10)?
  • No, they're still there, but the background turns grey, as there were some special characters.
  • Are you using a standard or a customized Zotero style? What bibliographic style are you using?

What are your language settings (OS, Zotero, word processor, and Published item)?

What is different about item 5 from the other references?
  • This is almost certainly IEEE set to French.

I'd try updating Libreoffice, at least to the 6.0.6x version, potentially to the 6.1.2 one
    Does this happen for other styles? Have you tried a different font? Does it happen if you switch the style to English instead?
  • @adamsmith That was it, changing IEEE to english (UK) solved it.
  • If you need it in French, try if switching fonts helps. The French locale uses some less common characters, so this might cause this, though I'm a little puzzled why they would show up in that place.