How to reference Foreign-Language Titles according to APA with Zotero?

In APA, foreign-language title in the reference list apparently have to be translated.
In the reference list, provide the citation for the work in its original language. Also provide an English translation of the title of the work in square brackets after the foreign-language title, without italics.

Reference list entry:
Doutre, É. (2014). Mixité de genre et de métiers: Conséquences identitaires et relations de travail [Mixture of gender and trades: Consequences for identity and working relationships]. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science/Revue canadienne des sciences du comportement, 46, 327–336. https://dx.doi.org/10.1037/a0036218
Source: https://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2014/11/lost-in-translation-citing-your-own-translations-in-apa-style.html

How do I reference Foreign-Language Titles according to APA with Zotero?
  • Add the translated title to Extra like this:
    Medium: Translated title
  • Thanks, bwiernik!

So, when I write in English and German, I then would have to write the translated title always in the Extra field. Would the translated title only be included when the language of the text deviates from the translation?

Is there a list with all the Extra options?
  • I cannot believe any German publication would want English titles translated, nor have I ever seen this (but no, Zotero can't make the distinction based on the language you're writing in; using Medium is a workaround).
    I don't have the APA manual here, but do they really require this or just suggest where it's helpful.
  • @adamsmith : So, when writing in German, I would have to remove Medium again? Could Medium be made conditional based on Create Citation/Bibliography=>Language: English (UK/US)?

It is in the APA manual too. See pages 199 and 205 (example below).
    4. Journal article without DOl, title translated into English, print version

Guimard, P., & Florin, A. (2007). Las evaluations des enseignants en grande section de maternelle sont-elles predictives des difficultes de lecture au cours préparatoire? [Are teacher ratings in kindergarten predictive of reading difficulties in first grade?]. Approche Neuropsychologique des Apprentissages chez l'Enfant, 19, 5–17.

• If the original version of a non-English article is used as the source, cite the original version. Give the original title and, in brackets, the English translation.
    • If the English translation of a non-English article is used as the source, cite the English translation. Give the English title without brackets.
  • Right, Zotero can't switch anything depending on language; you'd have to use Juris-m