No data moved to Zotero from Chrome Windows, everything appears to work but

It worked yesterday on worldcat.org now fails to move data to Zotero.

Works at librarything.com

(as an aside I noticed generally a failure in all fields being captured over past months, a bit rando, place and publisher the most affected)

https://www.worldcat.org/title/archaeology-and-the-religions-of-canaan-and-israel/oclc/906966141&referer=brief_results

Nothing listed at https://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues is amiss.

Zotero is running, the book icon is up, the pop-up pops, but without title info at this stage and then nothing appears in Zotero.
Extensions reduced to zotero.

If Zotero is quit the usual message for the forgetful to turn it on comes up.

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Zotero

Zotero Connector (clicking on a zotero connector link to install /does nothing)
Version 5.0.49

Windows 10
  • edited October 28, 2018
    WorldCat's citation/metadata service appears to be down. You can see that if you try to generate a citation for an item on the WorldCat site, it's blank, and if you choose "Export to EndNote / Reference Manager", cancel Zotero's import offer, and save the .ris file, it's 0 bytes. So you'll need to wait until their site is working again.
  • In the meantime, you can copy the ISBN and use Add Item by Identifier in Zotero to add the item. At least for the book above, that will get data from the Library of Congress.
  • Thanks!

I have noticed the same problem in the last few days. Thanks for the helpful workaround dstillman. I was using another workaround by finding the book on Amazon and then saving to zotero from there. Has anyone notified worldcat, or shall I?

Kind regards
    Mike
  • I'd guess that there's a decent chance it will be resolved today (Monday).

If you do contact WorldCat, you should point to the problems on their site — generating citations and exporting RIS — and not mention Zotero, which isn't relevant to the problem.