adding multiple pdfs at once hangs zotero

I'm using zotero on linux and observed that dragging and dropping multiple pdfs at once in a collection makes zotero hang, while if I drop them one by one it works fine.

These are the errors that I see:
```
Possibly unhandled rejection:

this._translatorInfo is null

TypeError: this._translatorInfo is null
Zotero.Translate.Base.prototype._translateTranslatorLoaded<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate.js:1372:30
From previous event:
Zotero.Translate.Export.prototype.translate@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate.js:2592:10
["./better-bibtex.ts"]/</<@chrome://zotero-better-bibtex/content/common.js:102706:12
Zotero.QuickCopy</this.getContentFromItems@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/quickCopy.js:260:4
Zotero.ItemTreeView.prototype.onDragStart@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js:2745:4
ondragstart@chrome://zotero/content/standalone/standalone.xul:1:1

Code promise is not resolved in noWait mode

Error: Code promise is not resolved in noWait mode
Zotero.Translate.Base.prototype._loadTranslator<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate.js:1829:12
Zotero.Translate.Base.prototype.translate<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate.js:1343:22
Zotero.Translate.Export.prototype.translate@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate.js:2592:10
["./better-bibtex.ts"]/</<@chrome://zotero-better-bibtex/content/common.js:102706:12
Zotero.QuickCopy</this.getContentFromItems@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/quickCopy.js:260:4
Zotero.ItemTreeView.prototype.onDragStart@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js:2745:4
ondragstart@chrome://zotero/content/standalone/standalone.xul:1:1

No items returned from any translator
qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin
qt5ct: D-Bus global menu: no

The URI is malformed.

SyntaxError: The URI is malformed.
Zotero.HTTP</this.request<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/http.js:193:3
Zotero.HTTP</this.promise@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/http.js:97:10
Zotero.MIME</this.getMIMETypeFromURL@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/mime.js:331:10
ZoteroPane</this.addItemFromURL<@chrome://zotero/content/zoteroPane.js:3856:44
Zotero.ItemTreeView.prototype.drop<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js:3298:21
From previous event:

```
  • Do you mean dragging two PDFs, or dragging many PDFs?

What do you mean by "hang"? It permanently freezes and you have to force quit, or something else?

If it happens with two (which works fine for me), can you disable your third-party extensions and provide either a Debug ID or real-time debug output (posted somewhere or emailed to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread) for a drag that causes the problem?
  • I mean with many PDFs, more than 2!
    Why doesn't that work when you have multiple PDFs certainly more that 2?

By "hang" I mean it freezes for some time, you have to wait until it becomes responsive again.
  • The 2 vs. many question was just to understand the nature of the problem.

How many items, how long is it freezing, do the items successfully transfer, and can you provide a Debug ID for such an operation?
  • The first reported error seems to be a case of this problem, but that would have no effect on dragging & dropping PDFs I think.