Chrome Extension not working

I downloaded Zotero and the Chrome extension around 3 weeks ago and I have had no issues with it. Today I have tried to use the extension in Chrome and when I click on it to save a document from Chrome it does not do anything at all. I have tried looking at settings and re-authorising the extension but nothing seems to work. I have also been getting the following error in Chrome:

[JavaScript Error: "Cannot access contents of url "chrome-search://most-visited/single.html?title=Most%20visited&removeTooltip=Don%27t%20show%20on%20this%20page&enableMD=1&enableCustomLinks=1&addLink=Add%20shortcut&addLinkTooltip=Add%20shortcut&editLinkTooltip=Edit%20shortcut". Extension manifest must request permission to access this host."]

Can anyone help me fix my Zotero extension. Thank you.
  • That error isn't relevant. You've tried restarting Chrome I assume?
    Does the Zotero icon still change on supported pages? Do you have Zotero open when you're trying to save?
  • Yeah I have tried closing/reopening Chrome as well as restarting my PC. The Zotero icon does still change depending on what page/resource I am looking at, and I also have Zotero open when I try to save a page by clicking on the extension.