change ID in a group library

Hi all,

I have changed my user id but the change does not apply the entries that I have already recorded (where under ADDED BY there is still my previous ID), only new ones. How can I change the ID of already existing entries?

Thank you
  • edited October 15, 2018
    You mean that you changed your username? That should update everywhere automatically, but the change may take a few hours to go through all the parts of the system.

If you're still seeing this in a day, let us know — it's possible something is being cached for a longer period of time.
  • Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have changed the user name into ac1211, but the entries (about 3450) are still under the previous one, which corresponds by the way to my 'real name' in Zotero. Could it be that under ADDED BY Zotero put your REAL NAME and not the USER NAME? Is there anything I can try to do to solve this?
    Many many thanks
  • Could it be that under ADDED BY Zotero put your REAL NAME and not the USER NAME?
    No, it uses the username (though perhaps should use the real name). But the old username is likely just being cached somewhere.

We'll have to work on a proper fix for this — it wasn't possible to change usernames until fairly recently, so we weren't taking this into account — but there's a good chance this will correct itself automatically as the old data ages out of the cache.
  • Dear dstillman, many many thanks for your help. I'll wait then.