Save bibliography from Word to a new collection

I've been using Zotero for a couple weeks now and have fallen head-over-heels for it. Before I was using an obscure but highly intuitive program called Biblioscape.

One of the features that I really like in Zotero is the Word plugin, which has already streamlined my citation process tremendously. However, the one function I wish that the Word plugin had is to save a bibliography from a Word document to a new Zotero collection or sub-collection.

Like a lot of folks, I like to keep folders of references and sources that I have used for particular papers or classes. As I write papers, I typically draw on the hundreds of references I already have, and when making a bibliography it requires me to do multiple steps: create a new folder (sub-collection) for the paper, copy existing sources into that folder, insert new sources, etc.

I would love it if Zotero had a feature where you could take a Word bibliography you have created with Zotero and simply hit "save" in the plug-in menu and it would create a new (sub-)collection in the location of your choosing. Even better would be if it updated that folder when you insert additional references to the Word document.

Perhaps I am missing a simple way of doing this with Zotero's existing functionality, but at any rate I think this would make using Zotero even better and easier.
  • This is indeed a very good idea, and we already have a ticket open for adding this functionality.
  • Excellent. I look forward to it!!
  • jma
    edited May 12, 2013
    Anything new with this topics? Last comment in ticket is 4 years old!

Just found:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/13199/create-new-collection-from-citations-used-in-word-documents/#Item_0